Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tasty Garden, Alhambra

Wanted to take the in-laws to "The Boiling Crab", but the 1 hour wait just wouldn't do, so we drove down the street to find a little place called Tasty Garden. Weird as it was, it was in the same complex as Garden Cafe, although the food for the most part was totally different. Tasty garden is a more authentic type restaurant whereas Garden Cafe is an Asian Fusion type restaurant.

The food was good. Parking adequate on this night at least. First things first, there is a strange stench when walking into the restaurant, I am still not sure what that stench is from. Granted I am not a great connoisseur of smell, however, I expect the odors of a restaurant to be from its food.

Here is some of the things we had:


Honk Kong Style waffles

Crab Balls

Fried Frog Legs

Clams in Wine and Spicy Broth

For me, the waffles were great, as were the frog legs and crab balls. The clams were not up to par compared to the rest of the dishes and the tofu (not pictured) with shrimp was way too salty. All in all, the food tended toward the salty, but otherwise tasted good. I am thinking maybe alot of MSG? Myself (probably because I am so Americanized), I prefer Garden Cafe over Tasty Garden, but Yelpers out there seem to prefer this place. Check it out and decide for yourself!

1 comment: