Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tokyo Shabu Shabu, Rowland Heights, CA

I am definitely no expert on Shabu Shabu, in this is probably the first time I have eaten pure Shabu Shabu at a restaurant. I have had half and half at Cocary.

We had a party of seven, so we made reservations for 6:00 on a Saturday night. When we got there at 6, the dinner crowd was just starting to filter in. They saved us the corner booth that could fit 10 or so people on 4 burners. Otherwise the place has a "bar" area, where each person has their own burner, but you eat side by side and not in a small area, thus making talking to others abit difficult. They do have 4 person tables available also, sharing two burners I believe.
Considering that we were mostly eating broth, the price was abit steep, the 19.99 for 10 ounces of meat is what I ordered; The angus beef. Kobe beef would cost much more. Also a fusion broth could cost more, and the regular shabu broth is literally hot water. Though, you do have soy sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic if you ask for them.
The meat was good quality, that I will admit, the vegetables were at least not brown nor stale, They weren't super fresh either though.

Oth
er meats you can order in
clude, seafood, pork, chicken, or lamb.


This place is in what used to be a happening place Diamond plaza Fullerton Exit off the 60 fwy. Nowadays this place isnt so hip, but there is a line for shabu shabu. Get there early!

The wait staff was friendly and helpful.

Overall, I feel ripped off eating shabu shabu at a restaurant, I understand their prices, but I would much rather have KBBQ. But for shabu shabu, I would rate this 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment