Friday, May 20, 2011

Joe's Mexican Food


Best Carne Asada in Town.... with a sign like that, I had to stop by after a trip to the post office.

This is located on the southwest corner of Foothill and Sierra in Fontana. There is a small parking lot out back. The place itself reminds me of a doughnut or milk drive thru from the old days, except they no longer have drive thru windows. It also reminds me of most Wienershnitzels. There is one ordering window and one pickup window.

On this day I ordered what they called the best:
I had the All Meat Carne Asada Burrito, and a side of french fries.
The fries when hot were tasty, but were not salted evenly and mostly not salted enough.

The burrito overall rates pretty high on my lists. The complaints are that its uneven also, most of the cilantro, onions, and sauce ended up being on one side of the burrito. That side of the burrito was excellent tasting! The side of the burrito that got missed was a little dry and bland. The green sauce is typical and not spicy at all, which I sort of expected. The red sauce had minimal kick, but left me disappointed as well.

Price was pretty good, definitely can get more bang for my buck here than at Taco Factory.

Taking into account this is a tiny sort of dingy hole in the wall, I actually give the burrito 4 stars. The location as a whole, and the fries kind of lack though, and overall I'll give 3.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment