Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lollicup - Ontario - Ontario Mills



This is mostly a boba drink place with snacks to eat, the snacks here however range to full meals depending on what you order. Also this particular location has specials, Indonesian food.

Day 1 - Ordered:
popcorn chicken - it was good, but for a place claiming to have Indonesian ownership, when I say spicy, it should be super spicy, and yet I would call it american spicy.

Nasi Goreng Ikan Asin Pete - This was on their specials menu for the day, basically fried rice with salty fish and um.... stinky bean. I would have to say this was as good as anywhere else I have tasted it. Granted very few places serve the stinky bean (pete), The salted fish fried rice itself is better at Sanamluang Thai food.

Boba Milk Tea - Overpriced I would say, but I usually stick with Quickly.

Day 2 - Sorry guys, forgot to take pictures this day -Ordered:
More popcorn chicken - same story as before
Ayam Kalasan - This is a chicken over rice, served with a crunchy crumb topping. This tasted pretty good, again on par with other places I have had it. Not better, not worse.
Risoles - Think of this kind of like an empananda. It is filled with meat, and mixed veggies (carrot, peas, etc). Tasted pretty good.

Overall taste is average, but its one of the closest Indonesian food places near where I live (others being in Redlands area). Prices are decent for the specials, but the popcorn chicken is a little expensive, and in my opinion all the drinks are more on the expensive side ($3.00+).

3.5 stars from me

No comments:

Post a Comment