Sunday, April 24, 2011

Otaya Japanese Restaurant - Rancho Cucamonga

Craving Ramen the other day and the IE is not exactly a wealth of ramen joints. Well this little hole in the wall, is not a ramen joint per se, but they serve ramen, and I'll probably be back!

If a business is successful based on location, I'm not so sure this place would be there. It is in a pretty vacated strip mall, across from a Zendejas Mexican Grill, Chase Bank, and other smaller places. It is across the street from a Lowes Home Improvement center.

Came here for lunch, and the small restaurant probably filled their approximately 30 spots to sit. 12 of those spots were at the sushi bar, but noone was there at the moment.

The disappointment came early, when I was told my first choice Donkatsu Chasu Ramen was not available. I guess their chasu had not come in yet. So I ordered the Spicy Ramen which is made from seasoned ground pork and chicken bits. This ramen had a little bit too much ginger for my wife's taste, but I must commend the spiciness. It is rare that something puts a tear in my eye with the initial spoonful, and this ramen did it.

Wife and I also ordered their BBQ ribs plate, which was also good, well cooked. The meat was soft and tasty.Too bad they left the door open, and the cold air cooled the food too quick.

We happened to order the chicken tempura also, their tempura dipping sauce was excellent and the chicken tender and moist. Excellent once again.

Portions are actually fairly large, the owner and the waitress were awesome.

Overall I would give 4 stars. Give or take 1/2 a star based on lack of availability of chasu! I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment