Monday, June 27, 2011

The Hat - Rancho Cucamonga


hadn't eaten here in forever (15+ years?). I remember the pastrami being "to die for", so 2 weeks off, and I came here twice!

This Hat Location is actually very close to Victoria Gardens Mall, visible from Foothill Blvd. It has adequate parking and a drive-thru. On the freebie list includes, hot pepperchinis, black pepper, salt, ketchup, mustard, relish, etc. The location is fairly large, but both times I went around 12:30, they were packed with very little seating left. There is outdoor seating that tends to be more vacated due to high winds and temps in the IE.

The first day I went I went for their pastrami sandwich. Good pastrami, fresh bun, but something was missing. It didn't quite bring back the old days of lore of eating here. Did I need to order it double dipped? 3.5 stars for the sandwich.

The second day I skipped the sandwich, I went with something not quite on the menu. I ordered the wet fries (french fries with gravy on top), but added Pastrami to the top of that. Just under 10 dollars and that was enough for 2 meals for me! Now this hit the spot. This conjured up the sweet aromas and tastes that I remembered from so far away. The fries were made to order, hot and crisp. The gravy a tad sweet with a slightly thickened texture. The pastrami topping everything else like a cherry on your ice cream. Perfection. 5/5 stars. Note: This is a heartstopper, so eat at your own risk!

Overall, I give the Hat and this location in particular 4 stars. Good Fast Food, a little more expensive, but usually their portions make up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment