Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Delight CupCakery - Ontario, California


Wow high grades for cupcakes, here is my take!

My Delight Cupcakery is located in a strip mall in Ontario south of the 10, same complex as Wingnuts and Subway. Location right by the freeway is a good thing!, This strip mall has somewhat limited parking compared to what could be found in the strip mall. The place itself is a small store, with nary a place to eat in house. In fact with three people in line, it felt very crowded, but right away in their display area, on a gourmet tiered tin, are their cupcakes, all sorts of colors and flavors in 2 different sizes.

Here is what I tried: (not in one sitting!): we bought a dozen minis, some were special, so did not get a discounted price.

For those reading my picture review, they are in reviewed in clockwise fashion starting at top left of each picture.

Picture 1 - German Chocolate - Rich, soft cake - overall 4/5 stars
Vanilla with Chocolate Sprinkles - This one was excellent, not too rich, soft cake 5/5 stars
Red Velvet - Standard red velvet, definitely red velvet done correctly. This one is not a knock off. 4/5 stars
Pistachio Truffle x2 - This was excellent. I like the nutty addition to the sweet, and the crunchy texture compared to the soft cake. Probably my favorite of the bunch. 5/5 stars
SnickerDoodle - my brother and his girlfriend trid this, they both arent cinnamon lovers, and I didn't realize cinnamon is part of a snicker doodle. i won't rate since I didn't try myself.

Picture 2 - Lemon x2- I liked the lemon cupcake, a little tang with the sweet. 4.5/5 stars.
SnickerDoodle - as above
Breakfast Cake - Once you get over the fact that the frosting takes like pancake and the bacon bits are real bacon, this is an interesting taste that piques interest. Its a must try, but for me 3.5/5 stars, not to my tastes for a cupcake.
Red Velvet - as above.
Vanilla with Vanilla sprinkles - good stuffs per my wife who does not usually like american sweets. Again I won't rate because I didn't eat it.

Overall excellent tasting cupcakes, I have not tried Sprinkles Cupcakes, so can not compare to them.

Only complaint is the price, $1.50 per cupcake for the minis, more for the specials of the week, and $3 a piece for regular sized cupcakes.

Overall I give 4/5 stars and will be back, but probably only for sales or special occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment