Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Waba Grill - Fontana Location


New job, new places to eat. Overall I was a little disappointed, I personally prefer Flame Broiler than this place. They are very similar in scope. Both are terriyaki bowl type places, noth have Kim Chi, both have brown rice options, this place has Salmon as a menu option also, also both have their spicy sauce and hoisin type sauce (although here is isn't called "magic sauce". This place seems to be a tad more expensive.

Today I ordered the beef bowl and a soda. I was taken aghast that the meat+veggie options cost more than the pure meat option. Initially I wanted to go healthy, but based on the price, I had to go with the pure meat option. It still cost almost 8 dollars for myself.

Beef Bowl - no onions
The beef bowl is a charbroiled beef in their Teriyaki type sauce. The beef was well done, not burnt anywhere, It was not dry. I tried a little bit before drenching in hot sauce, and it was decent but unremarkable. After adding the spicy sauce, it was a little better, but not quite to my like as Flame Broiler. The spicy sauce is more sour here and less spicy overall.

Service was ok today, place was relatively packed with clients.

Overall a 3 star performance. I may be back one day to try on of their bowls, but there are so many options nearby at similar prices, I would have to try those first! (Including the Sizzler salad bar, but even that is 7.99).

No comments:

Post a Comment